Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Panfish drop shot fishing for kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detail article on some light dropshot experimenting I have been doing in the early mornings over the last few weeks, to get an easy fishing setup together for a neighbours 7 yr old.

http://fishontoronto.com/
Ontario place do I need to pay the entrance fee?
I used to live by high park I went down with my kid remember almost everyday fishing two years ago
My wife was pissed ha..

Jason
(07-29-2012 02:18 AM)roska Wrote: [ -> ]Ontario place do I need to pay the entrance fee?
I used to live by high park I went down with my kid remember almost everyday fishing two years ago
My wife was pissed ha..

Jason

Ontario Place was closed down by the gov, beginning of 2012, so you cant go in through the gates unless you have Marina access card. The OP management have said its ok to fish from the northern shoreline (outside the gates) until construction starts.
Another great article, thanks Mike!

I discovered drop shotting this year, and it's my favorite way to fish plastics. I even cast it from shore and drag the weight along the bottom Tongue. It gives me a great feeling of the bottom structure without snagging my hook.

Tie it onto the line with your line tail hanging below it, then fold the line back and tie another knot so that your hook is sticking out on a short loop (about an inch) from the line.

Could you elaborate on this, I didn't get it.
(07-30-2012 10:29 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Another great article, thanks Mike!

I discovered drop shotting this year, and it's my favorite way to fish plastics. I even cast it from shore and drag the weight along the bottom Tongue. It gives me a great feeling of the bottom structure without snagging my hook.

Tie it onto the line with your line tail hanging below it, then fold the line back and tie another knot so that your hook is sticking out on a short loop (about an inch) from the line.

Could you elaborate on this, I didn't get it.

I might add a pic of that.

basically if you want to use a jig head, make a dropper loop so that it hangs normally. If you try to direct knot a jig head, it flips up because the tie on is on top.
Reference URL's