Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: The fish scale of life!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems as though I have fishing on the brain so much that it has creeped into my every non fishing related daily life. Recently I realised that I have been measuring everything in fish!

For example. My wife says to me after dinner tonight. "Since I've started my diet I've lost four pounds". Well what I heard was "Since I've started my diet I lost two smallies or one big one! or basically "wa wa wa wa 2-2lb small mouth Bass". lol. Actually it's beginning to scare me a little because it's not an exaguration. I am actually usuing fish as a measuring stick, scale and a proportionate model for just about everything. A buddy of mine and I were talking about his truck on the weekend and I naturally asked how much weight in sandbags he was gonna throw in er and "BLAM"! as soon as he started talking in technical terms I pictured him stacking Salmon in his flatbed. I do believe the Salmon run needs to start soon. for my sanity's sake.
(08-08-2012 11:11 AM)Seanook Wrote: [ -> ]It seems as though I have fishing on the brain so much that it has creeped into my every non fishing related daily life. Recently I realised that I have been measuring everything in fish!

For example. My wife says to me after dinner tonight. "Since I've started my diet I've lost four pounds". Well what I heard was "Since I've started my diet I lost two smallies or one big one! or basically "wa wa wa wa 2-2lb small mouth Bass". lol. Actually it's beginning to scare me a little because it's not an exaguration. I am actually usuing fish as a measuring stick, scale and a proportionate model for just about everything. A buddy of mine and I were talking about his truck on the weekend and I naturally asked how much weight in sandbags he was gonna throw in er and "BLAM"! as soon as he started talking in technical terms I pictured him stacking Salmon in his flatbed. I do believe the Salmon run needs to start soon. for my sanity's sake.

LOL this made me chuckle. I can safely say that I have not yet begun measuring things with fish Smile. But it may only be a matter of hatches....

Tongue
Lol. As far as I'm concerned it's just my healthy hunting internal clock.
Reference URL's