Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hello from Brantford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, Im Dave from Brantford. Been fishing since i could walk. Have stuck to mainly spinning and bottom bounce but jsut bought my first float rod and reel and hopefully wont have much trouble learning the art of useing it!
Hey Dave,

Welcome to OSF.

Do a lot of fishing on the Grand?

Cheers,

OldTimer
Hey Dave,
welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of helpful guides and users, that have knowledge on many topics. You'll love it here!

Welcome,
Giuga10
I wouldn't say i do "a lot" on the grand but i do enough. I like to go out and troll for pickeral and hit up a few spots for bass.

I went up to Bronte at 4am this morning and found myself in a mess of salmon for the second time in 3 days up there. Ill post a report and some pics later jsut waiting for my friend to email me the pics i forgot my camera>

And thanks for the welcomes!
(09-23-2012 03:30 PM)Ridx Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say i do "a lot" on the grand but i do enough. I like to go out and troll for pickeral

Just a little heads up Smile. The name is actually Walleye. Many people think they are called Pickerel or Walleye but it's a common misconception.

The only Pickerel that can be caught in Canada are Grass Pickerel and they look like baby Pike.

Here's a pic of a Grass Pickerel. They dont get much bigger than the one in the pic.
[Image: OAC_Grass_Pickerel.jpg]

This is a pic of a Walleye.
[Image: walleye2-1024x478.jpg]

Hopefully this helps Smile I was confused about them too then one of the users shared the knowledge.

Giuga10
(09-23-2012 08:33 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012 03:30 PM)Ridx Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say i do "a lot" on the grand but i do enough. I like to go out and troll for pickeral

Just a little heads up Smile. The name is actually Walleye. Many people think they are called Pickerel or Walleye but it's a common misconception.

The only Pickerel that can be caught in Canada are Grass Pickerel and they look like baby Pike.

Here's a pic of a Grass Pickerel. They dont get much bigger than the one in the pic.
[Image: OAC_Grass_Pickerel.jpg]

This is a pic of a Walleye.
[Image: walleye2-1024x478.jpg]

Hopefully this helps Smile I was confused about them too then one of the users shared the knowledge.

Giuga10

Thanks Giuga, I gew up knowing them as pickeral. I was told long ago that the American term was "walleye" I never really gave it much thought. I appreciate the knowledge! Always learning something new!
Hello Ridx,

Welcome! Congrats on the new float gear! Let us know how you're finding it! Does centerpinning really produce more fish?
(09-23-2012 11:41 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Ridx,

Welcome! Congrats on the new float gear! Let us know how you're finding it! Does centerpinning really produce more fish?

I have no idea but alot of people are doing it! Its a new way to fish for me so im always willing to try different techniques to get fish on my hook!
Reference URL's