Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hello from Thornhill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody,

This is Abel. I just came Toronto from China for 3 months, and I lived in Thornhill. I am a newbie for fishing and I am looking for opportunities to fish in urban ponds.
Welcome Abel!
I have never fished Thornhill so I'm not sure about spots there but I'm sure another user can help you out and provide some tips. Also for beginner tips do lots of research online, figure out some good lures for the fish you want to target (a nice size 2 Mepps Aglia or something would be a great lure for any fish really, besides suckers haha) also never doubt yourself or a lure, you'd be surprised what you can pull in on stuff or conditions you'd never imagine would. Here's an example I was fishing a rock bed at a lake and I had a Pike lure on, my Dad leaned over to me and said "Nick you're never going to catch a Pike in a rock bed", and I replied "Pike can be anywhere" as we were talking my line had been sitting out about two feet so that my lure was just on the tip of the water, and you wouldn't believe what happened a 2 LB Pike shot up from the depths and took my lure. I landed the fish and repeated my words "Pike can be anywhere" Tongue. It makes for a pretty cool story, and the lesson is no matter what keep that line in the water NO MATTER WHAT lol.
Good luck and hopefully the big city treats you well Big Grin.

Hopefully this helps,
Giuga10
Haha, you're right.

(09-27-2012 04:00 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Abel!
I have never fished Thornhill so I'm not sure about spots there but I'm sure another user can help you out and provide some tips. Also for beginner tips do lots of research online, figure out some good lures for the fish you want to target (a nice size 2 Mepps Aglia or something would be a great lure for any fish really, besides suckers haha) also never doubt yourself or a lure, you'd be surprised what you can pull in on stuff or conditions you'd never imagine would. Here's an example I was fishing a rock bed at a lake and I had a Pike lure on, my Dad leaned over to me and said "Nick you're never going to catch a Pike in a rock bed", and I replied "Pike can be anywhere" as we were talking my line had been sitting out about two feet so that my lure was just on the tip of the water, and you wouldn't believe what happened a 2 LB Pike shot up from the depths and took my lure. I landed the fish and repeated my words "Pike can be anywhere" Tongue. It makes for a pretty cool story, and the lesson is no matter what keep that line in the water NO MATTER WHAT lol.
Good luck and hopefully the big city treats you well Big Grin.

Hopefully this helps,
Giuga10
Hello Abel, welcome to the forum!
Hey Abel,

Welcome to OSF.

I'm sure you'll find information of value here.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's