Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: G Ross park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yippee!
Arrived around 2:00 left around 4:00.
Caught 4 carp two got off. Using corn.
Threw in a handful and three kernels to hide the hook.
All the same size around 12/15 inches in length.
Awesome! Did you get to weigh them?

Giuga10
pictures Big Grin! congrats on the carp! And good ol' corn.... I can't believe I've never been able to catch carp on corn... the other fish nibble the corn off. One day when I do catch carp on corn.....

LOL
(10-03-2012 09:07 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]pictures Big Grin! congrats on the carp! And good ol' corn.... I can't believe I've never been able to catch carp on corn... the other fish nibble the corn off. One day when I do catch carp on corn.....

LOL
Nice! I sure do miss carp fishing... man they're crazy fun! in the spring the bite was really hot in a river by house, I would catch one every 20 minutes or so when I went out. In the summer... it's been totally dead. I've found the fish but they never seemed interested.

Hopefully the bite's back on now pre-winter.
(10-03-2012 10:45 AM)Slimy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2012 09:07 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]pictures Big Grin! congrats on the carp! And good ol' corn.... I can't believe I've never been able to catch carp on corn... the other fish nibble the corn off. One day when I do catch carp on corn.....

LOL
Look at the gold on that one! Neato!
Was just here as I was around bathurst and sheppard but got spooked away. I was just scouting the area by the parking lot towards the fishing slope directly in front when at 06:59 I heard what to me sounded like a .22LR to my left. A couple seconds later I heard the same sound in the same direction so I pretty much high tailed it out of here. At 07:06 I heard police sirens near the area. Only one other car here at the time. O.o;; I think I will try mayatia park or oakburk instead. If the area is more populated with people I may return and try again. There were plenty of fish circles on the water top when I was here for a few mins.

Can anyone recommend any good spots here to fish?
Contrats, nice pictures!
Reference URL's