Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Another Markhamer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! Thought i'd share my two biggest smallies of the year on the same day in mid november. Now since i winterized the boat i thought i'd get back in the river for the winter brrrr.

Looks like a great site with great posts too.
Great lookin bass. Nice!

Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer
It's great to see fellow Markhamers on the forum. Where abouts are you in Markham.

BTW those are some great smallies. Since you mentioned you were gonna get back to the river, have you tried the Rouge by the 407. Stocked with lot's of Carp, Koi, Bass, Trout, and even the odd Salmon. It's a great spot.

Hopefully you enjoy the forum!
Giuga10
(11-26-2012 03:53 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]It's great to see fellow Markhamers on the forum. Where abouts are you in Markham.

BTW those are some great smallies. Since you mentioned you were gonna get back to the river, have you tried the Rouge by the 407. Stocked with lot's of Carp, Koi, Bass, Trout, and even the odd Salmon. It's a great spot.

Hopefully you enjoy the forum!
Giuga10

i tried a few tribs around the area recently, the water is low and clear right now, but i have managed to get a few steelheads out of some local pools. Waiting for a rain, not snow! I am going to head out to the whirlpool with a friend soon, is there still canadian side access ? I came across a tv fishing forum that said that the entrance had been gated up ?
There is nothing small about those smallies!!

Welcome aboard!
Hopefully those two are in the same place next year, and a few lbs heavier!

Thanks!
(11-26-2012 04:39 PM)ttuckey Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to head out to the whirlpool with a friend soon, is there still canadian side access ? I came across a tv fishing forum that said that the entrance had been gated up ?

The access to the whirlpool is still open, as is the steel tower down to the glen. The road down to the power station and beach has been gated off. Blair and I were down at both the Glen and the Whirlpool last weekend and both were accessible... and steep!

FTI, we fished at night and the only thing biting were out of season lake trout (....typical)
Hello ttuckey welcome to OSF!

Great to hear you're hitting the rivers, if you're ever looking to carpool with me from Markham feel free to send a PM! Save some gas $$$ on the way to the tribs Smile.

A sad day it must be to winterize the boat. I used to ride off road dirt bikes with my father, winterizing day was the worst!
Wow!! Great fish. Welcome to OSF.
I am new guy too!!
Reference URL's