Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Sea Eagle Frameless pontoons... anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone on here have, had or know someone who has a Sea Eagle frameless pontoon boat?
http://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessPontoonBoats.aspx

or a SeaEagle foldCat
http://www.seaeagle.com/FoldCat.aspx
Never seen one before, nice stuff. I wonder how it would compare to a fishing kayak in terms of convenience... definitely more stable I'd say.
(12-22-2012 12:01 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Never seen one before, nice stuff. I wonder how it would compare to a fishing kayak in terms of convenience... definitely more stable I'd say.

Both these models have hard floors so you can stand and cast. I am leaning toward the frameless pontoon single seater with a small electric motor. Key element for me is that unlike a kayak, these units pack down into a kit bag and can be thrown in the back of the car for roadtrips.....Big Grin One of these should also see me into Humber marsh, outer harbour, OP and the Islands pretty well....!
(12-22-2012 12:20 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]these units pack down into a kit bag and can be thrown in the back of the car for roadtrips....

That's a big convenience plus, are you planning to get one for next year?
(12-22-2012 01:55 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2012 12:20 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]these units pack down into a kit bag and can be thrown in the back of the car for roadtrips....

I am giving some serious thought to picking one up in the new year. Try something new for fishing in 2013. I know enough spots that I can't quite get to on shore around Humber Marsh and the Islands, to make it worth while....
(12-22-2012 02:22 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2012 01:55 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]

I am giving some serious thought to picking one up in the new year. Try something new for fishing in 2013. I know enough spots that I can't quite get to on shore around Humber Marsh and the Islands, to make it worth while....

Sounds like, if you get one, you'll have a years-worth of new spots to hit.

Now I'm thinking of all the virgin shoreline in the world... untouched and inaccessible by fellow shore anglers...

LOL
(12-26-2012 01:15 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like, if you get one, you'll have a years-worth of new spots to hit.
Now I'm thinking of all the virgin shoreline in the world... untouched and inaccessible by fellow shore anglers...

LOL

I am thinking more on getting around some of the smaller Toronto islands and into the back of Humber Marshes with ease, instead of dragging my ass through the thorn bushes or risking my neck climbing down the escarpment on South Kingsway....Rolleyes Now I have started looking I am finding all kinds of cool pontoon boats, some that pack down into backpacks and some for less than $300.

I have my eye on a Canadian made, class four water rated 11ft one. Going to wait until Feb before purchasing one though. I have a new 18ft interline coming in January.
Success!

http://saturninflatableboats.ca/14-saturn-kaboat.html

Settled on the 14ft model. Much higher water rating than the normal still water pontoon models, and still packs down into the truck of the car! Looking out for a 3hp or so motor next.

EDIT* after looking all over North America, I find the dealer is in Mississauga...... Smile
awww the christmas gifts we buy ourselves to improve on next years fishing.....
i for one think this should happen more often...like every month....
the 18ft rod and the boat should improve your chances and get you outside more....
more fresh air and exercise...these fishing toys should come doctor recomended.
i was given some bass pro gift cards that translated into a shimano baitrunner 6000d reel.
i have know idea if this will improve my fishing...but i have to try something to improve my fishing....
the fish are winning!
(12-29-2012 09:20 PM)tangledline Wrote: [ -> ]awww the christmas gifts we buy ourselves to improve on next years fishing.....
i for one think this should happen more often...like every month....
the 18ft rod and the boat should improve your chances and get you outside more....
more fresh air and exercise...these fishing toys should come doctor recomended.
i was given some bass pro gift cards that translated into a shimano baitrunner 6000d reel.
i have know idea if this will improve my fishing...but i have to try something to improve my fishing....
the fish are winning!

I'll be keeping the 18ft interline and the boat seperate.. Big Grin

Will you be trying your hand at method fishing for Carp with a Baitrunner? I picked up a few one one sided feeders at Sail a few weeks ago. Already planning on pre-baiting Don corner in Feb, and Olympic Canal come March, same as last year.... Big Grin

Once I have the boat I'll apply for the harbour license, but I dont think they run tests until May.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's