Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Sir Casimir Gzowski park, sunnyside park Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dunno if anyone has seen the places like Sir Casimir Gzowski park, sunnyside park, marilyn bell park by ontario place, it's a beach area and it's got wave barriers. Just wondering if it's possible to find any fish? The barrier seems like it would provide good structure and possible spawning habitat.
(02-19-2013 09:20 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno if anyone has seen the places like Sir Casimir Gzowski park, sunnyside park, marilyn bell park by ontario place, it's a beach area and it's got wave barriers. Just wondering if it's possible to find any fish? The barrier seems like it would provide good structure and possible spawning habitat.

Its pretty shallow and gets busy with the rowing club and the dragon boaters. Its worth fishing when you get nearer the Ontario place end from just before where it turns the corner to through past the area under the bridges. There are decent sized Pike to be caught in the weed beds. A few good sized carp can usually be found in the canals and the lagoon on the far side. Lots of PErch and panfish in the summer too.
(02-20-2013 08:35 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2013 09:20 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno if anyone has seen the places like Sir Casimir Gzowski park, sunnyside park, marilyn bell park by ontario place, it's a beach area and it's got wave barriers. Just wondering if it's possible to find any fish? The barrier seems like it would provide good structure and possible spawning habitat.

Its pretty shallow and gets busy with the rowing club and the dragon boaters. Its worth fishing when you get nearer the Ontario place end from just before where it turns the corner to through past the area under the bridges. There are decent sized Pike to be caught in the weed beds. A few good sized carp can usually be found in the canals and the lagoon on the far side. Lots of PErch and panfish in the summer too.

I wonder then if the shallows along from the Humber are good for pike spawning? Or is it just too sandy/muddy for that?

I was also thinking of wading out to the barrier in the summer and drop-shotting for small mouth on the deeper outer edge. Plus there are always cormorants and gulls diving near there. What are your thoughts?
You would likely attract the attentions of the Marine Police unit as the wall has collapsed in a few places recently. (plus you are probably going to be standing in 6 inches of bird crap).

You can safely access the breakwater wall at the east end of Coronation park. right where it meets the west end of OP. HUGE pike on the outside. Water is deeper here on both sides of the wall. Lots of smallies in the summer on both sides of the road - Coronation park and Brigantine lagoon shallows inside OP.
The birds are diving for baitfish. That can only be a good thing. I’ll give it a try. You never know. Anyway, the police don’t seem to mind the kayakers and swimmers on the break wall; plus I’m not exactly sure what law in the Criminal Code they would charge me with. It could be a hidden gem! How's that for optimism?
Go for it!

I'm sure there's fish to be caught there. The breakwater wall on the south shore of the islands is very similar and has a good stock of smallies on summer evenings.

Just keep an eye out for rusty rebar sticking out below the waterline when you are climbing onto the wall. I doubt it will be as bad as the rebar forrest in Tommy Thompson Park, but you never know!
Reference URL's