Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ear Plug modified tube baits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's one I havent tried - betcha it works great............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1PI0e7-78

Anyone try this?

I wonder if it would be buoyant enough to use in topwater fishing ..........?

Cheers,

OldTimer
Great idea, so on my first fishing day this year I'll try it. Have plenty of the ear plugs here........... wife and I both snore....................lol
Hey - even if it doesnt work as topwater - it'll sure cut down on lost tackle keeping a tube off the bottom just a tad avoiding some of the snags.........

OT
Thats a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds intersting.... ?you can accomplish something similar to this using a santee rig and adding a peg float to the leader.

For top water I guess you can add multiple ear plugs.
That's actually a really good idea. My dads got hundreds of them so I'll take a few and put em in the tubes Big Grin.
I also wonder if you might be able to trap a small squirt of some scent up in behind the plug to add more "attraction"..................
(03-03-2013 03:18 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]I also wonder if you might be able to trap a small squirt of some scent up in behind the plug to add more "attraction"..................

You can just squeeze the plug with your fingers, submerge it in the scent and let it absorb the scent as it returns to it's regular shape. You'd then have a plug that will exude scent for the whole day of fishing.
Clearly this should only be done with oil based scents as water based ones would cause the plug to lose its boyancy.

BTW, when fished over a bed of maize, yellow ear plugs make deadly carp bait.
Reference URL's