Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Bass in the city
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have also caught a few largemouth bass here, only one this year though which was caught about a couple weeks ago, I find the fishing for them pretty tough here as I have many days where I can't catch one. I've used YUM dingers, live worms and grubs to catch them.
(07-11-2013 08:27 PM)Randy Wrote: [ -> ]I have also caught a few largemouth bass here, only one this year though which was caught about a couple weeks ago, I find the fishing for them pretty tough here as I have many days where I can't catch one. I've used YUM dingers, live worms and grubs to catch them.
What's the average size there, for you?
Awesome catch...now I'm going to put my ears on the ground and wait for the rumble...lol.
[Image: 022.jpg]
Here's one I caught there last year, I would say they average about 13 inches.
Nice, looks like about 1/2 lb.
I thought it was around a pound, how heavy would you say the one in the OP is?
(07-12-2013 05:52 PM)Randy Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was around a pound, how heavy would you say the one in the OP is?
Just over 1 lb, maybe 1.2 lb. I'm no expert, and I don't carry scales when I fish, I just compare them to an 8 oz steak.
Wow! in that little pond? Jealous.

Also, would one generally use this size of lure for that size of fish? I wouldn't think to. I have always thought that I tend to under-size the lures I use.
For Bass you don't need to undersize the hooks. Specially for LMB. I have caught most Bass on #1 - #3 Mepps. I just base the rest of my rig to those sizes. LMB can go after something 1/4 of it's size.
I think lures around 1/4 oz. would be optimal for largemouth bass at ponds such as these.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's