Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: How NOT to catch a goby.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Somehow, - this year I've accomplished this.

I have fished worms on bottom quite a few times in the river in places they were a pest before...nada....... and I have fished several Lake O shorelines without getting one.

Can't comment on Lake E shoreline sites so far this year.

Has anyone else noticed they don't seem to have as big a "presence" in 2017.

Cheers,

OldTimer
I will be heading to my goby spot in the next couple of weeks I will let you know...
There were plenty of them to be had last weekend in Burlington
What do you do with them if you catch them?
(09-10-2017 10:53 PM)BeamRGB Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do with them if you catch them?

Ontario regulations state that we must destroy them, and dispose of them properly (not in the water). They can not be used as bait in any way.

This is fine as I find it quite difficult to fillet and skin them.

Cheers,

OldTimer
I caught a bunch a couple of weeks ago in Burlington as well. (LaSalle Park Marina). I was with the kids, using worms, fishing right on the bottom. We weren't having any luck with any other fish, and the kids found it amusing to be pulling the goby's out fairly regularly, so we kept targeting them. Figured we were doing the body of water a favour.

I think most people there feed them to the seagulls, because as soon as you pull one out, the seagulls come close and squawk for you to throw it at them. Which my kids were happy to oblige.

Ministry Officer came by just as we caught one and made sure we weren't throwing them back in, then left.

happy fishing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's