Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: fishontoronto lost....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a message from my webhosts on friday informing me that they had lost an entire server room in a fire and that five of my sites were permanently lost (backup server tower was in same room).
The lost sites included fish on Toronto and the TUFA site. I spent the weekend reinstalling root folders and site software. Dave has worked long hours and reinstalled most of the TUFA site content, while I worked on three others, plus fish on Toronto.

Sites are back up, there's still some work to be done. Once I have the content back up I'll go through the post on here that have links to articles and update the links.

*what a shitty weekend!
Terrifying news, Mike. I hope the sites pull through OK. Best of luck with the reinstatement of the sites.

(03-18-2013 10:55 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]backup server tower was in same room

Who thought of that one! Same room backup!? Not resistant to flood, fire, natural disaster, theft...

I keep a monthly backup of my hosting account on my own PC... it'll get harder to do so as it grows larger unfortunately.
Well done on getting it all back up Mike. I know how much that can suck.

Have a beer on us!
(03-18-2013 12:51 PM)--G-- Wrote: [ -> ]Well done on getting it all back up Mike. I know how much that can suck.

Have a beer on us!

It took several beers in the end....Big Grin
Fishontoronto is back up with a new template. Just my design site to finish, I'm thinking I'll be doing a late night tonight and tomorrow.

I'm defintiely getting out fishing this weekend, not wasting it like last weekend!
(03-21-2013 09:01 AM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]It took several beers in the end....Big Grin
Fishontoronto is back up with a new template. Just my design site to finish, I'm thinking I'll be doing a late night tonight and tomorrow.

I'm defintiely getting out fishing this weekend, not wasting it like last weekend!

Awesome Job! Mike,

DR is time consuming and energy sapping. The fact that you got everything up and running over a weekend is a feat in itself.

Happy fishing! Tight lines,

Freshwater.
http://www.fishontoronto.com/
i like the look of the new site....
great work Mike H
(03-21-2013 10:47 PM)tangledline Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.fishontoronto.com/
i like the look of the new site....
great work Mike H

As you can imagine, it is backed up onto my own file server in the office.... Big Grin
Reference URL's