Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have moved from ireland to burlington a couple of months ago and have been looking for some good spots to go fishing. any suggestions would be much appreciated and if anyone knows any good trout rivers around would be great
Welcome to Canada and to the OSF forum MalPike.

A lot of the info you seek may be found in the past posts.

Regards,

OldTimer
Welcome MalPike.

Did you fish in Ireland? If so how was it.

Welcome,
Giuga10
Seconded, would love to hear about fishing in Ireland Smile
Wow.
I have been fishing in Ireland, around the town of Longford. So many lakes and channels: so beautiful, it's still one of my fondest memories. And so many fish too: we were after pikes (tons of them, and goood size), but a friend of mine caught also trouts (and jumbo perch as well, quite common there).
I saw video of my friends catching more than 30 pikes between 6 and 20 lbs in one afternoon! I thought that there were more pikes than water in Ireland Smile I wasn't that lucky, but one day we were brought in a small lake and 3 of us in a boat caught more than 100 pikes in a day, but most of them quite small (2-3 lbs).
A friend of mine (the one I went with in that trip) is a professional fishing guide, and he used to guide fishermen in Ireland for pikes. He is Italian, but goes everywhere are big pikes. Smile
(04-02-2013 11:56 AM)Enzo Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.
I have been fishing in Ireland, around the town of Longford. So many lakes and channels: so beautiful, it's still one of my fondest memories. And so many fish too: we were after pikes (tons of them, and goood size), but a friend of mine caught also trouts (and jumbo perch as well, quite common there).
I saw video of my friends catching more than 30 pikes between 6 and 20 lbs in one afternoon! I thought that there were more pikes than water in Ireland Smile I wasn't that lucky, but one day we were brought in a small lake and 3 of us in a boat caught more than 100 pikes in a day, but most of them quite small (2-3 lbs).
A friend of mine (the one I went with in that trip) is a professional fishing guide, and he used to guide fishermen in Ireland for pikes. He is Italian, but goes everywhere are big pikes. Smile

Not too shabby. 100 pike in a day... that's unheard of around these parts!
(04-02-2013 12:03 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2013 11:56 AM)Enzo Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.

Not too shabby. 100 pike in a day... that's unheard of around these parts!

well, the pikes were small though: but literally it looked like fishing in a pool with more fish than water. It was unbelievable.
But everywhere there was teeming with pikes.
Welcome Malpike.

Amazing experience with 100 pikes within one day.
Reference URL's