Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hamilton Harbor Conditions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone can provide me an update on the water conditions in/around Hamilton Harbor.

I'm planning to head out in about 2 weeks (Apr.6-7) to the area (I'm about 2hrs drive).

Hopefully if this weather continues to stay positive, by then the ice should be gone.

If anyone can give me an update - I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,
A2F (Rob)
I was down at Pier 4 and along the marina area last Friday (March 22)................................. The fish and chips at Hutch's at Pier 4 was great........smile.

Most of the bay is wide open already, as is the main lake past the Skyway and the channel under it.............. the marina and "back bays / swim areas" still have some ice in areas of low current or protection to the bay.

I did'nt witness it myself but I understand that the channel down stream of the RGB Carp Barrier is open.

I'm sure other locals will add to this................. in any case I'd say that by Apr 6 not much ice (if any) will be present.
Reference URL's