Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Nottawasaga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm considering casting into the Notty this Friday or Saturday (open for trout from the mouth of the Boyne to Georgian Bay, by my understanding). Is it too early, either in terms of ice conditions or in terms of the steelies (or other trout) being there? And does it make a difference whether I try in Wasaga Beach or farther up, perhaps Edenvale or in the Minesing?

I could also fish the harbour walls/piers at Collingwood or Thornbury if that would be more productive.
I cant' say for certain, but I'd say that they're there. It wouldn't hurt to try, and if you're the first one to find them you'll have all the fish to yourself Big Grin. With the nice weather we've had and the subsequent meltwater from the snow, I'm pretty sure the fish are there.

If you do go make sure to take pictures for us!
Thanks MichaelAngelo. So if it's borderline early, would that mean the best fishing would be as far downstream as possible (ie Wasaga Beach), since that's where the fish are coming from? Or do they pretty much shoot up the river as soon as they're in it? Like I mentioned in the welcome forum I have a lot to learn about these migration patterns.
(03-28-2013 09:49 AM)tweedwolfscream Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks MichaelAngelo. So if it's borderline early, would that mean the best fishing would be as far downstream as possible (ie Wasaga Beach), since that's where the fish are coming from? Or do they pretty much shoot up the river as soon as they're in it? Like I mentioned in the welcome forum I have a lot to learn about these migration patterns.

I wouldn't really know. Perhaps another member could be of more help. I can say that if you're by the mouth of the river, you'd intercept fish moving up. I've never fished the Notty before.
Reference URL's