Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Metro East Anglers, Milne Fishway Operations, Markham 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today The M.E.A. met with representatives from the MNR, to open and set online the Milne-Heaton Fishway In Markham Ont.

This Friday morning at 10:00 am and on sunday morning at the Same time.

The Metro East Anglers are asking for interested Volunteers to step forward to help the group with this years rainbow trout Survey.

Either of the Friday March 29 or Sunday March 31 mornings (just one date) will be mandatory for anyone that is interested in joining the group to help operate the Milne-Heaton Fishway, and to be setup on a team for Any given day of the week over the next 4 to 5 weeks.

The Metro East Anglers will meet every Wednesday evening @ 4 PM and Sunday morning @ 8 AM at the Ringwood Hatchery for their regular weekly meeting and fish feeding, and will then meet at the Fishway.

Throughout the week, Teams of volunteers will operate the Milne-Heaton Fishway.

Every Saturday starting on the 6th of April, we will start a Rainbow Trout Redd survey, in the City of Markham.
The Redd surveys will be conducted every saturday by Teams of Volunteers over a 5 weeks period.
there are three stretches of prime spawning areas in the rouge water shed we will be focusing on, and we hope to have one team on each stretch every saturday during the survey period.

For those who are interested,

Please contact the Metro East Anglers.

metroeastanglers@gmail.com

Please provide your availability and interest of the program you are volunteering for.

Those interested in helping with the Fishway operations, and want to work with a team into the future, Must attend either Friday or Sunday morning.

Operations of the fishway, Open only to those ages 18 and over.

You will want to bring rain Gear, and possibly a lunch.
You do not need to go out and purchase one just for the occasion but if you own a hard hat please bring it with you, Steel Toe boots must be worn.

Thank you all for your interest and support in the Great Lakes Fishery.

~Jeremy
Woo, what a pity that I am in U.S now and will not return until Saturday.
that is alright onwind,

you can help out with the REDD / spawning surveys to be conducted every saturday morning in markham over the next month, I'll be looking forward to working with you on this project.

~Jeremy
Yes, I'd like to.
(03-28-2013 01:54 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]that is alright onwind,

you can help out with the REDD / spawning surveys to be conducted every saturday morning in markham over the next month, I'll be looking forward to working with you on this project.

~Jeremy
Unfortunately the meetings were timed during my vacation in Virginia. I hope you guys had an OK turnout!
Reference URL's