Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mount Joy Pond Parking Lot Only for Authorized Users!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've fished Mount Joy Pond for 3 seasons in a row, and this Easter I went again, and was disappointed to see that the small parking lot, right off 16th Ave, has a new sign stating Unauthorized Users will be tagged and towed! I always thought that this parking lot was intended for users of the pond, but I guess that Markham Soccer Club 'owns' it. I guess we'll have to park at the Garden Basket, and walk to the pond, now.
(04-02-2013 01:03 PM)angler1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've fished Mount Joy Pond for 3 seasons in a row, and this Easter I went again, and was disappointed to see that the small parking lot, right off 16th Ave, has a new sign stating Unauthorized Users will be tagged and towed! I always thought that this parking lot was intended for users of the pond, but I guess that Markham Soccer Club 'owns' it. I guess we'll have to park at the Garden Basket, and walk to the pond, now.

Yes that small parking lot is signed for authorized users only. I thought it was strange.

I usually park at the Mount Joy community center.
I never noticed the sign before, every time I parked there. The community centre has the same sign.
Only a suggestion - but perhaps a phone call or two might establish their definition of "authorized" - it may just be soft means of control when needed.
if you are using the pond, you are an autorised user of the mount joy facility in the city of markham.

They just want to make sure it is not used as a CAR POOL...

If anyone gives you grief, dont argue with them, take the ticket and bring it to me.

It is a public parking space...

It is paid for by tax payer of the city of markham
How is the fishing there? I'd like to get out and try my luck. Mount Joy isn't too far so it's convenient for me.
it's a nice Carp Fishery,

When they are biting.
(04-20-2013 03:53 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]if you are using the pond, you are an autorised user of the mount joy facility in the city of markham.

They just want to make sure it is not used as a CAR POOL...

If anyone gives you grief, dont argue with them, take the ticket and bring it to me.

It is a public parking space...

It is paid for by tax payer of the city of markham
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure and didn't want to get a ticket. Markham Traffic Enforcement are very enthusuastic about giving tickets.
Angler1,

As I mentioned,

If you get a ticket there, Bring it to me.

We can use it as fire against the town to create better fishing and water quality...

~Jeremy
There are plenty of carp in there, if I can figure out how to catch them consistently.....

I've had many skunks there.... yet I know that there are plenty in there.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's