You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
New to Ontario - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Forum)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Thread: New to Ontario (/Thread-New-to-Ontario)

New to Ontario - 93country - 05-06-2013 02:31 PM

Hi there my name is John,

I am new to Ontario and just moved here from BC. Liking everything so far and am excited to start the fishing season here.

Don't have a boat yet so I am looking for some decent fishing spots from shore for now.

Currently living in Pickering.

Looking forward to browsing through this forum to get all the info I can.

RE: New to Ontario - mikea07 - 05-06-2013 02:40 PM

Welcome.

What species are you going for?

RE: New to Ontario - OldTimer - 05-06-2013 02:42 PM

Hey 93Country

Welcome to Ontario, and to OSF.

Lottsa info here to help you out hopefully.

And Pickering is close to a buch of great inland lakes too......... like Rice, and a few other Kawartha gems.......etc.

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: New to Ontario - 93country - 05-06-2013 05:48 PM

(05-06-2013 02:40 PM)mikea07 Wrote:  Welcome.

What species are you going for?

I will be concentrating my efforts on Bass fishing once it opens this season, but with pike opening on Simcoe this weekend that is where I will be. (Renting a boat to try)

Still need to get a boat for those so I will be mostly trying for these from Shore for now...

I am a catch an release only angler so I will really be happy with anything that happens to find the end of my line!!

RE: New to Ontario - Giuga10 - 05-06-2013 10:39 PM

Welcome.

Try Frenchmans Bay, great little cove connected to Lake Ontario and it's very close to you. tons of Pike were pulled through the ice there and it's a great open water spot too. Excellent spot for Pike and Bass.

RE: New to Ontario - 93country - 05-07-2013 11:46 AM

(05-06-2013 10:39 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Welcome.

Try Frenchmans Bay, great little cove connected to Lake Ontario and it's very close to you. tons of Pike were pulled through the ice there and it's a great open water spot too. Excellent spot for Pike and Bass.

Thanks for the tip Giuga!

I was planning to head down there tonight to look around.

Will let you know how it goes!