You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? (/Thread-Weekend-March-17-18-Who-s-fishin)

Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - MikeH - 03-16-2012 04:13 PM

Looking like the best weekend of the year so far, unbelievable weather for March. Water temps are up....FISHING TIME!
So, if anyone is headed out in the Toronto area this weekend, post it here and maybe we will cross paths at some point.

Saturday I am probably hitting the harbourfront / OP for a few hours. Thinking about the first trip to the Islands, but theres only the Ward Island ferry running until April 14th and I have a feeling that it will be packed this weekend. Might save the Island trip for mid-week next week.

Sunday, I am spending pretty much all day over at TTP. Getting there for 9am and planning working my way down to the lighthouse via the cells and then working back up via the bays on the west side. Should be back to the car around 5pm after a decent 12km worth of walking.

Hope to see some of you out and about. Big Grin

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - manitoubass2 - 03-16-2012 04:28 PM

I'll be out all weekend, starting in about an hour.

Too bad I'm like 22 hours away from ya, or I'd join you.

Walleye today and tomorrow, pike on sunday. Temps are gonna be around 22 and partly cloudy, perfect!!!

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - Woodsman - 03-16-2012 07:43 PM

working my way down to the lighthouse via the cells and then working back up via the bays on the west side.

What are the cells???

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - MikeH - 03-16-2012 10:28 PM

(03-16-2012 07:43 PM)Woodsman Wrote:  working my way down to the lighthouse via the cells and then working back up via the bays on the west side.

What are the cells???

[attachment=26]

The Cells are the post 1970's enclosures down the right side of Tommy Thompson Park, the Bays are the earlier part of the park on the left side (AKA Toronto outer harbour).

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - MichaelAngelo - 03-17-2012 02:52 AM

I was out on Frenchman's from 4-9:30 today, I got a big fat jumbo perch but no pike for me or anybody else I talked to today.

Guys in a boat got 20+ lol figures *sneer* LOL =P

I got my first pike of the season at the same spot 2 days ago, I'll post reports eventually.

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - walleyepro1 - 03-17-2012 08:25 AM

Anyone who enjoy's fishing panfish hit your favourite spots with this warm weather the panfish are on fire perch and crappies are hitting.

RE: Weekend March 17 & 18 - Who's fishin'? - Woodsman - 03-18-2012 07:43 AM

The Cells are the post 1970's enclosures down the right side of Tommy Thompson Park, the Bays are the earlier part of the park on the left side (AKA Toronto outer harbour).

[/quote]

Thanks. That is a great map!