You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
lighted pier fishing at night - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: lighted pier fishing at night (/Thread-lighted-pier-fishing-at-night)

Pages: 1 2

RE: lighted pier fishing at night - alcom - 06-12-2013 09:53 PM

(06-12-2013 04:00 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Here's what I've seen:

A relative has a cottage on a lake. They also have a large boathouse, which has a light over the lake side door (boat entrance). The boat house has a patio like deck on top.

Late in the evening after the light has been on a few hours after dark - Repeatedly I have witnessed HUNDREDS of fish (rock bass, perch, and smallmouth mostly) swarming in the area below the light - in multiple stacked layers - taking the dropping insects, or each other.

Some of the smallmouth exceed 4 pounds I'd say. I've seen larger ghosts under the crowd and theorize that they are pike (which also are resident in the lake)

So yes - lights in a way can attract fish...... in this case it's the food source as well.

I've got a hunch that fishing this show might be illegal.

Cheers,

OldTimer

I would agree: the pivot point is likely whether you control the light. Taking advantage of a situation is not the same as creating it.

I've written to MNR for clarification on the light rule as it applies to a few situations, will let everyone know their reply.