You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Out Shore Fishing Today (Grand River) - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Out Shore Fishing Today (Grand River) (/Thread-Out-Shore-Fishing-Today-Grand-River)

Out Shore Fishing Today (Grand River) - mrclownprince - 06-11-2013 10:01 PM

I was out shore fishing today, seems many anglers were coming up with no bites with worm/bobber. I just bought some small spinners and decided to try one in a deep pool near the bridge. Managed to snag a smallmouth bass. Although my spinner was very small so he was off the hook before i had him fully out of the water. Saved me the trouble and made an easy getaway for him. That's my Third fish caught without use of worms Smile

RE: Out Shore Fishing Today (Grand River) - mcfly - 06-12-2013 12:20 PM

nice! Using lures can have it's benefits that's for sure! And it's safer for the fish. Even though I use live bait most of the time, I do like the switch it up every once and a while and 'trick' some fish with lures. Certain lures help you spend more time catching the bigger beasts while live bait leaves you constantly taking off small fish

RE: Out Shore Fishing Today (Grand River) - mrclownprince - 06-12-2013 11:13 PM

I find the grand river has different types of fish all over, so everytime you move somewere else your getting different fish and have to switch your setup. Have been using two rod/reel combos one with a drop shot setup and one usually for top fishing. I Was fishing the small lake/pools beside the grand river in kitchener today. Started with bigger hooks and lures. Switched off to a tiny hook with worm. The Panfish were biting maybe 2 seconds after casting in. Also found some young brown bullheads that have never been there previously. The small hook with no barb makes catch and release super easy, although you lose some occasionally.