You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Downtown trout or perch? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Downtown trout or perch? (/Thread-Downtown-trout-or-perch)

Downtown trout or perch? - --G-- - 06-30-2013 10:38 PM

Hey guys.

Is it safe to assume that trout and perch can be found easily enough downtown (from ashbridges to ontario place is what I class as downtown)?

If so, what is the best setup to be using to find these fish, worm under a float?

RE: Downtown trout or perch? - MichaelAngelo - 07-04-2013 12:44 AM

Well, trout and perch are different games. For perch, I see them hanging out by canal walls in the islands... so by extensions I'm sure you'll find them in close hugging walls/weeds/rocks throughout downtown but I've never tried. Worms and small plastics... or MikeH's idea of freaking tinfoil LOL

Trout? I know in the colder months they can be caught around Ontario Place by chucking spoons. I pounded Ontario Place for pike 2 years ago in February and met someone who had done well with brown trout. He was using a 10ft rod and REALLY getting the spoon to fly out there. Super long casts seem to be an important part of it.

Not sure about the summer time.

RE: Downtown trout or perch? - west - 07-06-2013 02:06 PM

Have you ever caught chinook salmon in lake ontario from shore?