You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Meetups (/Forum-Meetups)
+--- Thread: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! (/Thread-Mount-Joy-Carp-Meetup)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - MichaelAngelo - 07-23-2013 10:33 PM

Good hustle out there today. Mcfly was first to strike, but the hook didn't seem to find a spot to hold. Then it was Onwind's turn and a series of unfortunate events lead to a snapped line. Giuga10 was the last to earn a run, only to have the fish drop it at the last second. A tough evening out, but we're all pumped for our next battles Smile.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - flyguy - 07-23-2013 10:38 PM

nice to meet you guys

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - Giuga10 - 07-23-2013 10:54 PM

Nice to meet, Ogre, Flyguy, and mcfly and good seeing mike, and onwind. No Carp on shore but I had a great time! Hopefully we can go out again soon.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - flyguy - 07-23-2013 11:21 PM

I want a carp on the fly...gonna go tomorrow night with the old 8 wt...bast some flies out there and see whats up

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - rich_ace_G - 07-24-2013 09:28 AM

Awesome! When's the next meet up? How about Milne? I managed to arrive at milne 9:30pm (i just assumed everyone in mountjoy would be gone by then). In a span of 10 minutes I was there. Hauled in 3 catfish then left.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - onwind - 07-24-2013 11:12 AM

Nice to meet the new friends and old friends again. it was a exciting but tragic night for me, the lost fish could be my first carp. I was so excited that i even cannot go to sleep the whole night.
However I believe I will soon get my first carp in a near future, what I gain yesterday is the confidence of my rig and bait.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - rich_ace_G - 07-24-2013 02:09 PM

(07-24-2013 11:12 AM)onwind Wrote:  Nice to meet the new friends and old friends again. it was a exciting but tragic night for me, the lost fish could be my first carp. I was so excited that i even cannot go to sleep the whole night.
However I believe I will soon get my first carp in a near future, what I gain yesterday is the confidence of my rig and bait.

That and knowing there is a good area for carp fishing right in our backyards! A couple of years back I caught LM Bass there about half a pound. But yeah Carp is abundant in MJoy.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - flyguy - 07-24-2013 02:58 PM

going tonight on the fly--anyone interested?

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - Jeremy Ray Green - 07-24-2013 09:18 PM

Looks Like our Friend Giuga, Setup a great adventure, I really apologize As I suggested I could be there for your event.

WORKS SUCKS, I hate money....

I had a second day of working until 7:00 pm again tonight, I am sorry I did not show up...
Guys carp fishing??
Go with Braid line....
get some Braid, Let the fish run for a bit... just hold on to it, do not horse it in...

I wish i was there to see those fights, They are always heart poundr's

~Jeremy

Hey Flyguy,

so you are interested in fishing for carp on a Fly.

You would need to imitate a minnow at top water, unless you did the old fashioned thing of corn on a hook lying on the bottom but that is not fly fishing, I would love to hear of your experiences on your carp fly fishing....

~Jeremy.

RE: Mount Joy Carp Meetup! - onwind - 07-24-2013 09:27 PM

Jeremy,

you did not come and we were all hungry. I had to have my dinner at 9:30pm last night.

(07-24-2013 09:18 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  Looks Like our Friend Giuga, Setup a great adventure, I really apologize As I suggested I could be there for your event.

WORKS SUCKS, I hate money....

I had a second day of working until 7:00 pm again tonight, I am sorry I did not show up...
Guys carp fishing??
Go with Braid line....
get some Braid, Let the fish run for a bit... just hold on to it, do not horse it in...

I wish i was there to see those fights, They are always heart poundr's

~Jeremy

Hey Flyguy,

so you are interested in fishing for carp on a Fly.

You would need to imitate a minnow at top water, unless you did the old fashioned thing of corn on a hook lying on the bottom but that is not fly fishing, I would love to hear of your experiences on your carp fly fishing....

~Jeremy.