You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Smith Creek Rod Clip - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Gear and Tackle Reviews (/Forum-Gear-and-Tackle-Reviews)
+--- Thread: Smith Creek Rod Clip (/Thread-Smith-Creek-Rod-Clip)

Smith Creek Rod Clip - OldTimer - 09-12-2013 03:50 PM

I think this new product is cool, and would be quite useful for me ………….. maybe you:

http://www.smithcreek.co/rod-clip.php

Unfortunately - No distributors in Ontario yet.

I may have to “Red Green” the concept in the mean time.......……….

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Smith Creek Rod Clip - mcfly - 09-12-2013 09:47 PM

That is pretty cool product. I was thinking of making a belt rod holder because I hate putting my rod down in the water sometimes

RE: Smith Creek Rod Clip - MichaelAngelo - 09-12-2013 10:15 PM

(09-12-2013 03:50 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  I may have to “Red Green” the concept in the mean time.......……….

I was just going to say... wouldn't seem too tough to rig something up out of foam. Seems neat and would beat my current method of sticking the butt of the rod into the top of my waders LOL... but that still works.

edit: out of the kayak I use something called a "Cable Clamp" that you can buy from Home Depot. The smallest size doesn't fit around the cork, but it fits around the blank. The next size up would fit most corks. Would be simple enough to drill a hole in it, find a way to secure it to a vest, and clamp the rod at the balance point when needed?

RE: Smith Creek Rod Clip - OldTimer - 09-13-2013 05:46 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of using a short length of heavy duty high pressure rubber hose - put a slit in it and take up any interior slop with a bead of silicone caulking............... put a hole in one end for a lanyard..... might work?