You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Wet Wading - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Articles and Resources (/Forum-Articles-and-Resources)
+--- Thread: Wet Wading (/Thread-Wet-Wading)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wet Wading - OldTimer - 09-18-2012 10:14 AM

(09-17-2012 12:33 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Probaly won't be able to to try this year, but are aqua shoes ok for this. Everyone seemed to mention sandals (or plain ol' running shoes)?

Should be - as long as they afford a bit of protection against sharp rock edges, & stubbed toes................ and they have a bit of traction for the slippery spots.

RE: Wet Wading - MuskieBait - 09-18-2012 01:47 PM

(09-18-2012 10:14 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(09-17-2012 12:33 PM)Tyger Wrote:  Probaly won't be able to to try this year, but are aqua shoes ok for this. Everyone seemed to mention sandals (or plain ol' running shoes)?

Should be - as long as they afford a bit of protection against sharp rock edges, & stubbed toes................ and they have a bit of traction for the slippery spots.

I wear a pair of surf booties...rubber sole and neoprene uppers. They work...and aqua shoes are the same material.

RE: Wet Wading - MichaelAngelo - 09-18-2012 09:29 PM

I've been using my spare running shoes, and it's good for the long-distance walking that usually accompanies my fishing adventures. It is a bit annoying to be constantly hanging shoes out to dry, but I'd rather take the shoes than sandals or ill-fitting water shoes.

If I invested in a good pair of water shoes... then it'd be a different story.

My feet are very oddly shaped (extra, extra wide and very flat footed) and I wear supported soles... so it's hard to find a good shoe that isn't New Balance or something comparable.

RE: Wet Wading - Tyger - 09-19-2012 04:08 PM

(09-18-2012 01:47 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(09-18-2012 10:14 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  

I wear a pair of surf booties...rubber sole and neoprene uppers. They work...and aqua shoes are the same material.

I have a cheap from wal-mart, hopefully they have enough grip...gonna try somewhere next year, since it's getting cold alreadySad

RE: Wet Wading - OldTimer - 06-24-2014 03:41 PM

Bump............. its that time again..................