You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Classifieds (/Forum-Classifieds)
+--- Thread: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet (/Thread-Hamilton-Ancaster-Fishing-Tackle-Swap-Meet)

Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - OldTimer - 03-22-2014 02:22 PM

Just came across this - perhaps of interest to some:

http://www.ancaster.com/2014/03/07/annual-spring-fishing-tackle-swap-meet/

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-fishing-camping-outdoors-The-Hamilton-Fishing-Tackle-and-Boat-Swap-Meet-March-23rd-W0QQAdIdZ576572918

Is in a much larger venue this year. Last year was way too crowded.

OT

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet March 23 2014 - OldTimer - 03-23-2014 01:22 PM

Just got back from this............ was a lot better and definitely bigger this year, and worth going.

I got a nice heavy action 10' telescopic and replenished my BIG lead sinker stock. My lady got a few good NEW lures that caught her fancy at way less than 1/2 price.

Probably about 100 teams selling stuff - place was packed with people when I was there .............

Recommended. This venue made the difference.

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - OldTimer - 02-14-2015 03:25 PM

It's on again apparently. March 28 2015.

[attachment=936]

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - Mikebass22 - 02-01-2017 03:31 PM

any word on this years show/

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - OldTimer - 02-01-2017 03:55 PM

(02-01-2017 03:31 PM)Mikebass22 Wrote:  any word on this years show/

This is what they are saying currently on twitter:

[attachment=1335]

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - Mikebass22 - 02-04-2017 03:15 PM

Ok that's great thanks, I like the idea of a tackle swap. Has anyone been to this in the past? Is it worth driving an hour and a half for?

RE: Hamilton / Ancaster Fishing Tackle Swap Meet - OldTimer - 02-04-2017 04:49 PM

(02-04-2017 03:15 PM)Mikebass22 Wrote:  Ok that's great thanks, I like the idea of a tackle swap. Has anyone been to this in the past? Is it worth driving an hour and a half for?

I've been to this 3 times now over the years to restock on BIG lead sinkers for cat fishing. I live a few miles away from it.

Truthfully - I really didn't see much swapping going on when I was there................. - but I did go quite early in the day every time.

I would say that there are some deals to be had on the absolute mountains of used stuff. Plus it's a great place to try and find a part for an old favorite reel, or a discontinued item you prefer.

Great place to pick up a high end rod if your into refurbishing & "re-wrapping/coating"

But - I wouldn't spend 3 hours and $30+ of gas for my needs.

Cheers,

OldTimer