You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Articles and Resources (/Forum-Articles-and-Resources)
+--- Thread: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario (/Thread-OSF-Carp-weights-by-length-data-Ontario)

Pages: 1 2

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - gsandy2 - 05-30-2016 08:29 PM

hello oldtimer , did you go to any of these locations? if yes did you catch any? how many ? and any other info you have

cheers
sandy

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - Abu Garcia - 05-31-2016 08:23 AM

Good report OldTimer. I was watching a fishing show on a Saturday and they claim that Canada has great numbers of carp compared to the world. The English envy us as they have to pay some incredible amount to fish for the day. We are so blessed in this country to have a bountiful resource.

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - zippyFX - 05-31-2016 09:19 AM

Thanks for keeping this data. The carpers I had talked to said the length size correlation was weak but to me it seems like there is a good curve taking shape.

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - OldTimer - 05-31-2016 02:41 PM

(05-31-2016 09:19 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  Thanks for keeping this data. The carpers I had talked to said the length size correlation was weak but to me it seems like there is a good curve taking shape.

I can see where weights of the same female fish could vary a fair amount between pre spawn and post spawn due to egg weight.

I can also see how age versus (weight and/or length) may vary substantially from location to location.

Other than that it should eventually yield a reasonable band width for approximated weight within the confines of Southern Ontario for fish over say 20".

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - OldTimer - 05-24-2017 06:44 AM

Hey,

Getting near that big beastie carp time.

Get the length and weight, post it up and/or in the MSC, and I'll add your catch to this study:

[attachment=1431]

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - OldTimer - 08-03-2017 02:01 PM

Updated Aug 3 2017

[attachment=1482]

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - MEATBALL - 08-03-2017 02:55 PM

good chart this is now

RE: OSF Carp weights by length data - Ontario - Mastercooks - 08-09-2017 09:28 PM

My first catch in fishing was a carp from port hope it was a big one sad to say we didnt weigh and measure it but it was heavy. It was May longweekend of 2016 as I remember. More or less it was 2feet approximately.