You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
island lake orangeville. - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: island lake orangeville. (/Thread-island-lake-orangeville)

island lake orangeville. - vindango - 07-12-2014 12:45 PM

Thinking of checking it out with the kids. If anyone has any tips on this lake, please let me know.
Thanks.

RE: island lake orangeville. - Giuga10 - 07-13-2014 10:49 AM

This should be posted in general discussion but it's alright, simple mistake. As for the lake, I sadly don't have any information on it. A Google search may yield what you're looking for.

RE: island lake orangeville. - Enzo - 07-19-2014 08:22 PM

I know very well this lake, i also bring my son, 5 years old, that after 2-3 hours catched almost 100 fish: sunfish, bass, perch, rockbass.
For big stuff, there are big bass, but they are tough: best chances i had were with finess grubs. The smaller the lure, bigger the bass Big Grin.
There are tons of small pikes too. Biggest i saw were about 10 lbs, but regulare size are 2-3.

RE: island lake orangeville. - wheretofish - 07-23-2014 05:27 PM

I had fished here recently for the orangeville bass tournament. Catching crappie from shore is possible but I had a hard time finding bass that day. I've posted a video last year on my youtube channel if you want to take a look. I will be posting the video i took this year soon.

youtube.com/wheretofish

RE: island lake orangeville. - novice - 09-29-2014 12:38 PM

where abouts does one fish on the isalnd lake - went there a couple of weeks back with my kid - fished from the pier near the boat launch/the store where they rent rods and sell bait - was there from 3 to 8pm with my kid - was using the worms they sold at the store on small hooks - caught a perch and a sun fish i think - not many bites didnt notice others catching too, except a couple of folks that came back using a boat - saw one guy with 2 12 - 15" bass and another had 3 small pike on a string - is there any other place that would yield more - want my kid to feel the tug - i live in scarborough but often visit relatives in Amaranth so take my kid to the island lake. any advice would be helpful- maybe im in the wrong area or wrong time