You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Kawarthas Fall from Shore - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Kawarthas Fall from Shore (/Thread-Kawarthas-Fall-from-Shore)

Kawarthas Fall from Shore - Rayomatic - 11-10-2014 05:59 PM

Hey all,
I've got a day off this Friday and going up through the Kawarthas to a friend's place just north of Bancroft for the night.
Any suggestions on where to fish from shore in that area? (looked into renting a boat on a lake but everyone seems to have shut down operations now). Species doesn't matter, just whatever's biting this time of year.
Would like to hit a place in the morning on the way up, then somewhere in Bancroft in the evening.
We'll be going to Peterborough and taking Hwy 28 up towards Bancroft. I was thinking Young's Point at Lock 27 on the way up.
Up in Bancroft I was thinking High Falls dam and/or Horseshoe bay, or elsewhere on the York River.
Thoughts always welcome.

RE: Kawarthas Fall from Shore - zippyFX - 11-10-2014 07:07 PM

I don't know the area that well but I fished the river running through town last time I was their; there were bass, likley some pike as well.... There are picnic areas periodically and boat launches. Not sure what they are like in the fall.

RE: Kawarthas Fall from Shore - MRQturbo - 11-11-2014 02:58 PM

you can try in lakefield....in town there is a bridge right by the lock.....i've never fished there before but it looks like it could be a decent spot from shore....

RE: Kawarthas Fall from Shore - Rayomatic - 11-11-2014 03:08 PM

Thanks, guys. Good to have some options and ideas.