You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Etienne Brule park - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Etienne Brule park (/Thread-Etienne-Brule-park)

Etienne Brule park - Fossil Fish - 04-30-2015 08:17 PM

Has anyone fished this area of the Humber recently? From what I've seen online, it sounds like it could be a fun spot, but some of those reports are several years old. I'd like to hear from anyone who's been in the last year or so. Thanks in advance

RE: Etienne Brule park - Dave Bailey - 05-01-2015 11:18 PM

Never fished there myself, but I know the park. Make sure you stay well downstream from the weir, the MNR chaps hang out there with ticket books at the ready.

RE: Etienne Brule park - GailBait - 05-07-2015 02:21 PM

(05-01-2015 11:18 PM)Dave Bailey Wrote:  Never fished there myself, but I know the park. Make sure you stay well downstream from the weir, the MNR chaps hang out there with ticket books at the ready.

Do they really do things like that?

Why there?

RE: Etienne Brule park - MRQturbo - 05-07-2015 02:36 PM

(05-07-2015 02:21 PM)GailBait Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 11:18 PM)Dave Bailey Wrote:  Never fished there myself, but I know the park. Make sure you stay well downstream from the weir, the MNR chaps hang out there with ticket books at the ready.

Why there?

most likely because that area is a fish sanctuary....thats my guess lol..

RE: Etienne Brule park - OldTimer - 05-07-2015 02:55 PM

(05-07-2015 02:36 PM)MRQturbo Wrote:  

Why there?

I'd really like to hear solid, sincere, fact filled answers to the questions asked above myself.

@DB - Did you see such when you were NOT fishing there then?

In my experience most, if not all, of the MNR enforcement folks don't do things in such a fashion unless well provoked - or driven to - by complaint loads and ongoing frequency.

Like really....... Is this location an out of control "hot spot"........... smile.

OT

RE: Etienne Brule park - Dave Bailey - 05-07-2015 09:46 PM

(05-07-2015 02:55 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 02:36 PM)MRQturbo Wrote:  

Why there?

I'd really like to hear solid, sincere, fact filled answers to the questions asked above myself.

@DB - Did you see such when you were NOT fishing there then?

In my experience most, if not all, of the MNR enforcement folks don't do things in such a fashion unless well provoked - or driven to - by complaint loads and ongoing frequency.

Like really....... Is this location an out of control "hot spot"........... smile.

OT

Lots of people fishing waaay too close to the weir. Not saying the MNR is there all the time, but I have seen them a few times.