You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
how's fishing going this year. - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: how's fishing going this year. (/Thread-how-s-fishing-going-this-year)

Pages: 1 2

how's fishing going this year. - Jeff Christian - 05-07-2012 09:35 PM

Hey ladies and gents. I'm just wondering how fishing for others have been. I myself haven't really targeted many species so far .. mainly carp and pike . But I wanted to know how its been for others . From Hamilton so carp this year has been unreal . Caught 58 carp as of this weekend. Like to know how you are doing thanks.

RE: how's fishing going this year. - andre - 05-07-2012 10:03 PM

U have been trying everything, but I have never hooked a fish :\

RE: how's fishing going this year. - Limeyangler - 05-08-2012 12:45 AM

Hey jeff, i'm from Dryden , Northwest Ontario. Year was good on the ice till my snowmachine blew up, then we lucked out with the earliest ice out ever recorded and we got some pretty decent walleye fishing in the boat till the season closed.

bass has been phenomenal so far and the crappie are just heating up. lake trout have been hard to find but i have only been out once. I live on a lake so shore fish from my yard for walleye and pike, walleye is closed at the moent but i managed a nice pike today from my lawn....i dont have enough posts to post the report though.

RE: how's fishing going this year. - prime89 - 05-08-2012 02:41 PM

hey jeff..

fishing this year for me has been great!..for pike atleast before the season closed, had some some big fish on. Been busy with the move and new place..so kinda slow now but def waiting on our OSF meetup to get back into the action!!!

RE: how's fishing going this year. - Jeff Christian - 05-08-2012 06:48 PM

What's the biggest catch

RE: how's fishing going this year. - Limeyangler - 05-08-2012 11:33 PM

pike is the biggest so far...a skinny 35"er. But that was from a boat....best i got from shore was the other evening.

RE: how's fishing going this year. - Jeff Christian - 05-08-2012 11:59 PM

(05-08-2012 11:33 PM)Limeyangler Wrote:  pike is the biggest so far...a skinny 35"er. But that was from a boat....best i got from shore was the other evening.

Very nice

RE: how's fishing going this year. - MichaelAngelo - 05-09-2012 09:52 AM

This year I discovered carp fishing and it's been a blast! I'm a far cry from 58 Jeff, but it's still been a great new experience.

RE: how's fishing going this year. - Jeff Christian - 05-09-2012 11:57 AM

(05-09-2012 09:52 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  This year I discovered carp fishing and it's -.been a blast! I'm a far cry from 58 Jeff, but it's still been a great new experience.

I spent a lot of time out . I'm sure its more luck then skill. But its been fun carp are fighters..

RE: how's fishing going this year. - manitoubass2 - 05-09-2012 12:13 PM

It's been one of the best starts I've had in along time.

I've got a few pike over 40", biggest being 43"

No huge bass yet, but amazing numbers and lots around 17-18"

And tons of 27"+ walleye, biggest being 31.5" and full of eggs, easily 12lbs.

Also had 1 14.25" crappie, which is not huge, but it's my PB