You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Long Handle Net - easy project - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Articles and Resources (/Forum-Articles-and-Resources)
+--- Thread: Long Handle Net - easy project (/Thread-Long-Handle-Net-easy-project)

Long Handle Net - easy project - OldTimer - 03-14-2016 01:45 PM

Bought a half decent 24" hoop net at Value Village late last year for 9 bucks............. intent was then to make it a long handle unit for bank, rock piles, and short pier use.

Finally got around to it today to ease my cabin fever:

Parts
- old net with hollow aluminum handle
- section of old corn broom handle made from maple - (perfect size to fit ID of tubes.)
- half of an old aluminum closet rod (1" aluminum tube)
- some wide two sided Velcro tape

[attachment=1147]

[attachment=1148]

Glue the maple dowel into end of aluminum tube (insert about 4"). Gorilla glue or epoxy works great.

[attachment=1149]

Slit the vecro tape fuzzy side and attach one piece on end of original net handle........ and one piece on maple dowel about 6" up from end. The uncut "hook side" is used to connect the parts - yet allows it to be broken down to fit in the cab of my pickup.

Original length - 3 foot.............. new length over 8 feet. Saved $90.

You wouldn't want to lateral lift a large fish but a vertical in line with the shafts lift would be fine.

First trip I use this............. I'll post a pic here.............

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Long Handle Net - easy project - SaugaPikeCatcher - 03-27-2016 10:48 PM

That's cool!