You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? (/Thread-Looking-to-rent-a-boat-lake-simcoe-suggestions)

Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - Benito - 06-20-2016 09:57 AM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I can ask this here since we are a "shore" forum but anything fishing I only really read this forum.

With the Bass season opening soon I am looking to rent a boat with my dad after Canada Day.

Specifically looking at July 2 - July 10 since I think during this period it is "License Free Fishing" if anyone can confirm that would be great!

Does anyone have any suggestions or have rented a boat to go out on lake simcoe. My dad knows how to fish but usually goes with his friends on their boats.

I am open to suggestions for other lakes but Lake Simcoe is handsdown the closest one to me since i am on the east end of markham

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - ST_ShoreFisher - 06-20-2016 10:53 AM

Lake Simcoe Marina on Cook's Bay. Used them a few times.

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - OldTimer - 06-20-2016 01:04 PM

(06-20-2016 09:57 AM)Benito Wrote:  Specifically looking at July 2 - July 10 since I think during this period it is "License Free Fishing" if anyone can confirm that would be great!

July 2nd -July 10th, 2016 is the "no-licence required" period this year:

http://www.ontariofamilyfishing.com/

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - ngachacha - 06-20-2016 02:14 PM

Good luck! Let me us know if you find a good spot

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - Fossil Fish - 06-20-2016 02:31 PM

There is a place on the north end of Simcoe in Orillia -Blue Beacon marina. Never used them so no report on quality, but if you wanted to try fishing up that way, it's a lot closer than travelling from Cook's Bay.

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - Deadfisher - 06-20-2016 02:38 PM

One of the cheapest places to rent a boat is at the trailer park on Little Lake, Barrie, just off Duckworth St. There's plenty of bass, small pike and the chance for a walleye.

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - kimchi24 - 06-21-2016 05:33 PM

(06-20-2016 02:38 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  One of the cheapest places to rent a boat is at the trailer park on Little Lake, Barrie, just off Duckworth St. There's plenty of bass, small pike and the chance for a walleye.

Little lake has changed. I went and caught nothing. Boating is cheap but there is barely any fish there. Maybe it was just me but I had three buddys with me and we all got skunked.

Lake Simcoe Marina seems to never be renting out. Maybe they hate me lol. Every time i work a time to schedule a fishing trip with my buddies, there seems to be some reason why they cant rent out. There are quite a few places to rent out around that area though with very similar pricing.

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - Benito - 06-22-2016 08:47 AM

(06-21-2016 05:33 PM)kimchi24 Wrote:  
(06-20-2016 02:38 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  One of the cheapest places to rent a boat is at the trailer park on Little Lake, Barrie, just off Duckworth St. There's plenty of bass, small pike and the chance for a walleye.

Little lake has changed. I went and caught nothing. Boating is cheap but there is barely any fish there. Maybe it was just me but I had three buddys with me and we all got skunked.

Lake Simcoe Marina seems to never be renting out. Maybe they hate me lol. Every time i work a time to schedule a fishing trip with my buddies, there seems to be some reason why they cant rent out. There are quite a few places to rent out around that area though with very similar pricing.

Hey

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if you knew of the name or names of a few places that are close to lake simcoe marina that would rent out?

It would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all for the information as well.

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - kimchi24 - 06-22-2016 02:44 PM

(06-22-2016 08:47 AM)Benito Wrote:  Hey

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if you knew of the name or names of a few places that are close to lake simcoe marina that would rent out?

It would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all for the information as well.

Sorry, I dont know the names. When I went to Lake Simcoe Marina and they werent renting out, they apologized and pointed me to the next place. With a quick google search, it seems like it may have been called Monte Reno Marina. I hope that helps

RE: Looking to rent a boat lake simcoe suggestions? - wknd outdoorsman - 06-24-2016 11:38 PM

Hello! If you can drive out a little further there are a few places on Scugog and a tonne of places on Rice lake that rent boats.

As for Little lake on Duckworth, I was on there last year with a few buddies on a Frankenstein of a pontoon. Between the 4 of us we landed 14 fish - mix of small pike and bass.