You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Shore Fishing Canal Lake - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Shore Fishing Canal Lake (/Thread-Shore-Fishing-Canal-Lake)

Shore Fishing Canal Lake - ST_ShoreFisher - 06-29-2016 12:24 PM

Hi All,

I plan to shore fish Canal lake this weekend. I keep reading about all the weeds, is it possible to shore fish canal lake this time of year, or do the weeds cover the water near the shoreline?

Thanks! Haven't fished this lake in about 25 yrs.

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - Fossil Fish - 06-29-2016 02:30 PM

It's possible, but expect to be clearing off your hook frequently. You'd better be there early as well. I was there for bass opener a couple weeks ago and the shore spots were filling up at 5:45 am.

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - ST_ShoreFisher - 06-29-2016 03:59 PM

(06-29-2016 02:30 PM)Fossil Fish Wrote:  It's possible, but expect to be clearing off your hook frequently. You'd better be there early as well. I was there for bass opener a couple weeks ago and the shore spots were filling up at 5:45 am.
we were thinking of an afternoon/evening fishing trip. you think the crowds would thin out?

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - Fossil Fish - 06-29-2016 04:54 PM

Not sure, I usually do my thing bright and early. You might be OK later. As a plan B, you could try Mitchell Lake between Canal & Balsam. There are spots along the causeway for shore angling, but again, it is quite shallow and weedy.

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - Deadfisher - 06-29-2016 11:24 PM

Another option would be a few km. farther downstream at the swing bridge and dam in Bolsover.

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - ST_ShoreFisher - 06-30-2016 11:10 AM

thanks all! appreciate the tips!

RE: Shore Fishing Canal Lake - OldTimer - 06-30-2016 03:03 PM

Canal Lake has been known to give up some wow size carp over the years...........

Cheers,

OldTimer