You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Gear and Tackle Reviews (/Forum-Gear-and-Tackle-Reviews)
+--- Thread: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT (/Thread-Shimano-Siena-2500-CT)

Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - zippyFX - 06-20-2017 02:04 PM

My son needed a new reel so I happened to be browsing at CT today.

Got him the rod/reel combo for $35 + tax; The Reel alone usualy goes for more than this (usually $45).

I like this utility reel very robust.

RE: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - QuickHit - 06-20-2017 02:51 PM

You got a deal.

We have several of these Sienna reels in other sizes. They do the job.

RE: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - OldTimer - 06-21-2017 02:20 PM

My ultra light outfit is a Sienna 500FD on a 4.5' Berkley Cherrywood........... no complaints so far........

RE: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - wknd outdoorsman - 06-22-2017 12:29 AM

Ive had a sienna for about 4 yrs now and I love it! Actually on the weekend, I got myself a fathers day gift and just bought a new sienna 1000fe!

RE: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - zippyFX - 06-22-2017 10:36 AM

Cool! I have wanted a Sienna FE but have not come across one on special. They seem to bring them out when ice fishing picks up.

I had not noticed the FE until you brought it up wknd outdoorsman. Did a quick search and it seems the number of BBs has been reduced but bushes have been added maintaining the quality. Let us know how it works for you:

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16181

RE: Shimano Siena 2500 @ CT - wknd outdoorsman - 06-22-2017 09:48 PM

I'll keep you updated as this will be my go to reel for my lite/ ultra lite set up. One thing I did learn a couple of years ago is that the number of bearings does not always equal smoother reel and great performance. In 2014 I bought a quantum Re Axe combo as the reel said it had like 6+1 bearings. That reel was not smooth and the drag was choppy at best. I had a really old Shimano FX reel that felt soother.

Funny thing is, I went into the store to buy an Okuma Ceymar c10 but the sales man said dollar for dollar the Sienna was the more better choice , and it was a few dollars cheaper!