You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Weekend Fishing - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Weekend Fishing (/Thread-Weekend-Fishing)

Weekend Fishing - Alvin123 - 07-01-2017 01:47 PM

Anyone making out this weekend and try their luck fishing? The water around here is still high and more rain on the way. If you are out may you have good luck. Let us know how it is going, Tight lines everyone Thanks:

RE: Weekend Fishing - ST_ShoreFisher - 07-02-2017 01:16 PM

(07-01-2017 01:47 PM)Alvin123 Wrote:  Anyone making out this weekend and try their luck fishing? The water around here is still high and more rain on the way. If you are out may you have good luck. Let us know how it is going, Tight lines everyone Thanks:

Probably too windy for Island Lake boats, or I'd be there tomorrow. Not sure where I can shore fish in the nearby area for bass and/or pike. Thinking Mountsberg, anyone have any info on this place?
Hilton Falls?

Thanks!

RE: Weekend Fishing - wknd outdoorsman - 07-04-2017 09:45 PM

(07-02-2017 01:16 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 01:47 PM)Alvin123 Wrote:  Anyone making out this weekend and try their luck fishing? The water around here is still high and more rain on the way. If you are out may you have good luck. Let us know how it is going, Tight lines everyone Thanks:

Probably too windy for Island Lake boats, or I'd be there tomorrow. Not sure where I can shore fish in the nearby area for bass and/or pike. Thinking Mountsberg, anyone have any info on this place?
Hilton Falls?

Thanks!

Hey ST! I have been to Mountsburg a bunch over the last couple of years but I've only been once this year. . I can confirm that both Pike and Bass are there and can be caught from shore, I've even caught crappie there. There are two entrances to the conservation area and to fish its better to enter near the dam. I've done most of my damage on spinner baits and inline spinners. There are a tonne of weeds especially when you get deep into the summer.
Lately I have been hitting Fairy Lake in Acton. It has the same species as Mountsburg (bass pike crappie), the average size does dip as it is a small lake.

RE: Weekend Fishing - ST_ShoreFisher - 07-06-2017 10:40 PM

(07-04-2017 09:45 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 01:16 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  

Hilton Falls?

Thanks!
Hey ST! I have been to Mountsburg a bunch over the last couple of years but I've only been once this year. . I can confirm that both Pike and Bass are there and can be caught from shore, I've even caught crappie there. There are two entrances to the conservation area and to fish its better to enter near the dam. I've done most of my damage on spinner baits and inline spinners. There are a tonne of weeds especially when you get deep into the summer.
Lately I have been hitting Fairy Lake in Acton. It has the same species as Mountsburg (bass pike crappie), the average size does dip as it is a small lake.
Thanks for the reply wknd outdoorsman! Question, do the weeds later in the yr at Mountsberg prevent easy shore fishing?

I hit Island Lake in Orangeville this past Mon. Caught 2 pike (small spinnerbait), a largemouth bass (Mepps #5), and tons of panfish (pumpkin seeds, rock bass, perch).

EDIT: Sorry, this was from a boat, not from shore. I guess I shouldn't mention offshore fishing in this forum, eh?