You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Sample Report: Bluffs on Saturday - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (/Forum-Off-Topic-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Sample Report: Bluffs on Saturday (/Thread-Sample-Report-Bluffs-on-Saturday)

Sample Report: Bluffs on Saturday - MichaelAngelo - 03-05-2012 06:18 PM

The weather was windy, but my friend and I headed off to the Bluffs this past Saturday to try for some pike and fly some kites. We also met a bunch of surfers.

We started fishing the Bluffs Marina. With the wind so strong, we spent most of our time trying to cast with the wind. It was really troublesome getting our lures across the open water and into the dock areas. We weren't able to cast as far as we would have liked.

We tried an assortment of lures. We changed up from natural colours at the start to brighter colours after an hour or two.

Eventually, my friend got 2 trout on a suspending crankbait from Walmart. The crank was fairly small, maybe equivalent to a size 5 rapala. It was dark green/yellow yellow-perch colour. The trout hit close to the shore, about 10 feet out. Then my friend got it snagged up and lost it *face palm*.

No fish for me, I tried everything I had at dead slow speeds, fast speeds and jerking retrieves. Maybe it was bad luck, maybe it was just that 1 lure my friend had that was working. I'm at 4 or 5 trips now of being skunked.... *bummer*

Here's me holding the bigger of the 2. Notice the surfer in the background LOL. We safely released them back, make sure you do the same Wink

[attachment=119]

Strange we didn't get into pike, anybody know reasons why?