You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection (/Thread-GTA-Walmarts-with-good-hook-tackle-selection)

GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection - Aquaneko - 07-26-2017 03:02 PM

Would like to know if everyone can chime in on thier local Wallys and how well stocked they are to help others out.

I'll start off with:

Againcourt Mall Walmart - Large well stocked hooks, rod/reels/, lures, and weights

By far the best selection closest to me.

Markville Mall Walmart - Barely any hooks/weights, some basic rods (more kids).

You would think being close to Milne Dam/Waldon Pond/TooGood Pond they would have more gear

HWY7/Bayview Walmart - Barely if any hooks/weights, some basic rods (more for kids)

Stouffville (Hoover Park) Walmart - Large/huge selection of hooks/weights, lures, and tackle

End of HWY404/Woodbine (Ravenshoe) Walmart - Small selection of fishing gear. Can't remember seeing any 'live bait'/octopus hooks.

Was surprised this location would have such a small selection given it's proximity to Jacksons Point. I guess it didn't want to anger the local small tackle shops.

RE: GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection - zippyFX - 07-26-2017 03:30 PM

One bit of caution... I buy things occasional at Walmart in Ottawa for convenience but, in general, I do not find their prices competitive and I also find there selection geared to the occasional cottage angler as opposed to a more general or dedicated angler.

That being said they do have occasional great prices for certain items.

RE: GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection - Aquaneko - 07-27-2017 06:45 PM

(07-26-2017 03:30 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  One bit of caution... I buy things occasional at Walmart in Ottawa for convenience but, in general, I do not find their prices competitive and I also find there selection geared to the occasional cottage angler as opposed to a more general or dedicated angler.

That being said they do have occasional great prices for certain items.

Do the smaller shops offer more hooks for thee same price? For example I like using #6 'live bait' hooks (I think same as octopus hooks) from SouthBend. IIRC it is I think $1.79 for 10 hooks

Any other places to get more hooks for the same price? I did a skim online at http://www.dealextreme.com which I have bought a number of electronic components before but it seems thier hooks do not have any eyelet holes and are a flat tying surfsce

RE: GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection - Maleku - 09-05-2019 07:07 PM

I have found the prices to be better at Sail for most things compared at Walmart