You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Forum)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Thread: Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. (/Thread-Not-really-a-newbie-but-totally-a-newbie)

Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. - kozi0404 - 10-10-2018 06:34 PM

Hey guys, nice to join this forum.
30 year old who started fishing 1.5 years ago and have had the worst luck on this planet. It's comedic how little fish I catch. I've been to Frenchman's bay 15-20 times and have caught nothing. Many Otribs? countless times and nothing. No salmon this year... No pike, no trout. Some sunfish and baby bass which is cool I guess. I do enough research that I'm sure I use the right lures with the right techniques. I don't own a boat so shore fishing is my go-to.

A bit disheartened, but whatever fishing is dope and I don't plan to stop. Hoping to expand my knowledge and finally start hitting lunkers.

See you guys out there!

RE: Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. - cutuzov - 10-11-2018 07:57 PM

Hi kozi
Welcome to the forum. It breaks my heart to hear that many trips did produce so little results for you. I do like your devotion a lot. This years season is almost over for most of the species but the rainbow trout. PM me next spring I might be able to help you find new fishing grounds (Frenchman's bay kind off sucks lately).

RE: Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. - zippyFX - 10-18-2018 03:26 PM

when the bite gets tough scle down #4 to #6 hook and use worms (and a bobber if required). It will allow you to plum out the water and really see if anything is there.

Welcome!

RE: Not really a newbie, but, totally a newbie. - SC0TT - 10-24-2018 04:39 PM

welcome!