You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Shore fishing Bass In the bay of Quinte region - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Forum)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Thread: Shore fishing Bass In the bay of Quinte region (/Thread-Shore-fishing-Bass-In-the-bay-of-Quinte-region)

Shore fishing Bass In the bay of Quinte region - Ruthie22 - 05-11-2019 07:02 PM

Hello all!!!

My husband is obsessed with bass fishing and I love to tag along. Usually he gets the fish and I get a photo of the sun set but I also enjoy fishing Smile

We do not have a boat and as such usually drive around using google and looking for public access to lakes, rivers, creeks and Ponds....

Any suggestions for resources that I can use when locating new spots to fish from shore?

Thanks!

RE: Shore fishing Bass In the bay of Quinte region - Deadfisher - 05-12-2019 10:58 AM

Hi Ruthie welcome to OSF.

Unfortunately many people use Google Maps as a resource to find new fishing holes, and drive right past potential gold mines. It's emphasis is on road navigation and rarely shows small ponds and creeks. I suggest you try using Google Earth, the satellite photo program, to find new locations and its companion program Google Street View to search out access points.

If you're a little old school and prefer paper maps, I suggest Backroad Mapbooks. They show complete drainage systems, form rivers to their tinniest head water creeks. As far as access, wherever a road crosses a "blue line" is public access.

I also make sure I get a photo of the sunset... or sunrise
sunrise sunset

Good luck
John