You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots? (/Thread-Do-You-Clean-Your-Fishing-Spots)

Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots? - FishGuy3754 - 07-09-2020 05:47 PM

Random thing I wanted to check with other anglers. I know what with Covid no one wants to touch things outside currently, but in general,

How many people clean up their area or surrounding area while they are out fishing?

I wanted to check cause almost every fishing spot no matter where it is seems to be littered with drink bottles/cans and timmies/fast food wrappers. Also there always seems to be an abundance of leftover line just littering most spots.

My friends and I try to clean up the area and usually end of bringing a bag of garbage to throw out later. Does anyone clean up their fishing spots while they are there or before they leave?

RE: Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots? - OldTimer - 07-10-2020 06:47 AM

I do try to most times in the more secluded places I fish. In fact, I always have a spare plastic bag in my pouch for this purpose.

But sadly some popular areas are beyond my help and would takes days of effort to clear totally by a team of volunteers.

But still......……. I will continue to help as best I can. It's not tough.

Try doing a search here using "garbage" as the search parameter...….

We even had a garbage derby years back!

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots? - FishGuy3754 - 07-18-2020 02:37 PM

Thanks OldTimer. I've seen some of the more public spots that get trashed but its good to know there are others trying to clean. Even a little bit helps as they say.

There is almost always a giant clump of line at most spots. my first thought after a birdnest isn't to leave the pile of line but it seems like a lot of people just don't care.

I did the search and some of them were interesting