You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Dog Chow Carp Bait - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (/Forum-Off-Topic-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Dog Chow Carp Bait (/Thread-Dog-Chow-Carp-Bait)

Dog Chow Carp Bait - OldTimer - 06-13-2012 09:06 AM

A few weeks back on advice of a friend I started using Purina Dog Chow nuggets as a carp bait. It’s actually quite easy to use in combination with a hair rig. Along the way I also found it simple to just put a handful or two in my pockets to take on my fishing trips. In doing so I tasted a few and found them to be a great snack as well, so I nibble on them while I await a bite. Only problem is – that lately I tend to chase cars, and almost broke my neck the other night when I tried to lick my crotch.

Cheers,

OldTimer

woof............

RE: Dog Chow Carp Bait - MichaelAngelo - 06-13-2012 09:42 AM

I have chicken feed in my garage! Good thing you warned me OT, or else I'd be scratchin' the ground by now Tongue

RE: Dog Chow Carp Bait - Alex.D. - 06-23-2012 01:36 PM

Is it just me or do carp bite anything they can get there lips on?Tongue

RE: Dog Chow Carp Bait - MichaelAngelo - 06-25-2012 12:14 AM

(06-23-2012 01:36 PM)Alex.D. Wrote:  Is it just me or do carp bite anything they can get there lips on?Tongue

Well I thought that up until May... now all they do is sniff my bait and turn around LOL... snobby carp! gosh dangit! Tongue

RE: Dog Chow Carp Bait - Dseow - 08-14-2012 10:26 AM

i plan on trying digestive biscuit / dog food or chicken feed / trout pellet / crushed hemp .. and then add flavouring .. and now that i see chicken feed and dog food mentioned here, i might have to try this for a groundbait now Big Grin.