You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
new to the site - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Forum)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Thread: new to the site (/Thread-new-to-the-site)

Pages: 1 2

new to the site - largemouth - 03-03-2012 09:57 AM

Hello everyone just wanted to say hi. I fish for everything under the sun and have been looking for a place with info on shore fishing.

RE: new to the site - MikeH - 03-03-2012 10:12 AM

Welcome to the Forums. There should be some useful info as this years season develops. Where are you fishing?

RE: new to the site - MichaelAngelo - 03-03-2012 11:35 AM

Welcome largemouth! Where abouts do you fish?

RE: new to the site - largemouth - 03-03-2012 01:57 PM

Hello guys I have fish from Pickering to Belleville and Rice to Scugog. I keep looking for more places to do some shore fishing. any places would be helpful

RE: new to the site - manitoubass2 - 03-04-2012 02:31 PM

Welcome aboard LM!

Please feel free to post all of your angling secrets asap, lol. We'll just say its for the benefit of the board.

RE: new to the site - largemouth - 03-04-2012 07:37 PM

So ya lets see. I fish Gages creek Cobourg creek the Ganny wilmot, oshawa and ajax creek for steel head,salmon and carp. I like Frenchman's bay for pike. I like the Oshawa harbour get pike,bass, sheepshead trout, salmon. I like scugog and rice for ice fishing.

If you took me up with more places I would appreciate it thanks

RE: new to the site - MichaelAngelo - 03-09-2012 12:23 AM

Is there any way to target Sheepsheads? I guess they're not listed as a 'gamefish". or are they?

RE: new to the site - largemouth - 03-10-2012 10:56 AM

Hey there not if they are listed or not however all you need is a rod 7' or bigger good reel. most guys I see use fly rods but its up to you I don't. I just use little trout hooks baited with roe or pink trout worms. All the creek in the around have good size steelheads. However they have been picky lately.
hope this helps.

RE: new to the site - MichaelAngelo - 03-10-2012 05:28 PM

(03-10-2012 10:56 AM)largemouth Wrote:  All the creek in the around have good size steelheads. However they have been picky lately.
hope this helps.

In the around... where? lol

Around Oshawa/Pickering you mean?

RE: new to the site - largemouth - 03-12-2012 07:58 PM

Ya sorry that around oshawa,pickering,to newcastle. as for the sheepshead not sure I have been getting them in Oshawa harbor on a rapala perch coloured shallow running crank bait.