You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
asian carp import fines - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: asian carp import fines (/Thread-asian-carp-import-fines)

asian carp import fines - tangledline - 12-21-2012 08:45 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2012/12/20/wdr-asian-carp-fine-phoenix-fish-farms.html

RE: asian carp import fines - Giuga10 - 12-21-2012 10:39 AM

I've always wondered when seeing these videos, how do they make the Carp jump all over the place?

Giuga10

RE: asian carp import fines - Eli - 12-21-2012 12:29 PM

Yeah but I can't help but wonder how many shipments make it through!
I wish they'd ban the sale of live Tilapia around here. I've seen people releasing them into the Ottawa River in some sort of demented ritual. Made a video of it one time and forwarded to the MNR. In hightsight, what I should have done was write down their lisence plate number. I get angry just thinking about it.

RE: asian carp import fines - MikeH - 12-21-2012 12:42 PM

(12-21-2012 10:39 AM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I've always wondered when seeing these videos, how do they make the Carp jump all over the place?

Giuga10

The Carp launch themsleves into the air because of the noise and vibration from the boat engine. There have been some serious injuries to people on board some of the boats.

RE: asian carp import fines - Giuga10 - 12-21-2012 01:54 PM

(12-21-2012 12:42 PM)MikeH Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 10:39 AM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I've always wondered when seeing these videos, how do they make the Carp jump all over the place?

Giuga10

The Carp launch themsleves into the air because of the noise and vibration from the boat engine. There have been some serious injuries to people on board some of the boats.

Wow... Is it only Carp that dislike the noise and vibration, because I've never seen any other fish jump out of the water like that?

Thanks,
Giuga10