You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
New Member greetings - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: New Member greetings (/Thread-New-Member-greetings)

New Member greetings - OldTimer - 01-04-2013 05:49 PM

Hey,

I am, or have been a member, of many forums on many subjects or interests along the way.

For many of us - that have this past - it's easy and not stressful whatsoever.

However, I've imagined that for some it may be a daunting decision to sign up - filled with insecurity and reservation.

On this board - only a small % of members actually post a "Hi... I'm new message".

Do you think it might be a diferent twist (and promote input), for us, the current members - to post a welcoming message in the welcome board, when we see a new member join up???............. sorta like a digital welcome wagon thing...... smile

Your thoughts?..............?

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: New Member greetings - Giuga10 - 01-04-2013 06:05 PM

I think that would be a great idea. It would help give said person a "start" on the forum.

Just one question what of the user doesn't see this post or what if the user posts their own "Hi... I'm new message".

Giuga10

RE: New Member greetings - OldTimer - 01-04-2013 07:23 PM

(01-04-2013 06:05 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I think that would be a great idea. It would help give said person a "start" on the forum.

Just one question what of the user doesn't see this post or what if the user posts their own "Hi... I'm new message".

Giuga10

I doubt we have any control over what they may or may not see.

If they post a "Hi" .............. great............ business as usual.

Perhaps we should wait a day or two after they sign up , and then initiate a welcoming thread (and not multiple posts)........... sound acceptable?

OT

RE: New Member greetings - Giuga10 - 01-04-2013 08:47 PM

(01-04-2013 07:23 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  I doubt we have any control over what they may or may not see.

Perhaps we should wait a day or two after they sign up , and then initiate a welcoming thread (and not multiple posts)........... sound acceptable?

OT
Sounds good!

Giuga10

RE: New Member greetings - onwind - 01-04-2013 09:48 PM

Can we make them answer several questions? for example:
how long have you fished?
what is your favorite spec?
where is your favorite spot?
one most memorial fish you fished?
and something like this.
or they can answer 5 questions among 20 questions?

(01-04-2013 08:47 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 07:23 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  I doubt we have any control over what they may or may not see.

OT
Sounds good!

Giuga10

RE: New Member greetings - Giuga10 - 01-04-2013 10:39 PM

(01-04-2013 09:48 PM)onwind Wrote:  Can we make them answer several questions? for example:
how long have you fished?
what is your favorite spec?
where is your favorite spot?
one most memorial fish you fished?
and something like this.
or they can answer 5 questions among 20 questions?

I don't think "making" them answer the questions would be too good. But we could ask a couple randoms, like we normally do when we get new visitors, but making a set list and making them answer them wouldn't be too welcoming.

Giuga10