You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Chest waders - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing Resources (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-Resources)
+--- Forum: Gear and Tackle Reviews (/Forum-Gear-and-Tackle-Reviews)
+--- Thread: Chest waders (/Thread-Chest-waders)

Chest waders - John Pimentel - 03-17-2013 04:01 PM

Hi,

I wanted to pick up a pair of chest waders, what should I be looking for?

I've seen different fabric choices, rubber, neoprene, or waterproof fabric, not sure which is best for me.

If you know of a previous article/post, please post the link, or if you have any first hand knowledge to share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
John

RE: Chest waders - Sailor Joe - 03-17-2013 05:06 PM

Hi John.

Google: choosing waders

If you have specific questions after that, let me know.

RE: Chest waders - John Pimentel - 03-17-2013 05:47 PM

(03-17-2013 05:06 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  Hi John.

Google: choosing waders

If you have specific questions after that, let me know.

Hi Joe,

I know how to use Google, thanks, I was looking for opinions from members.

If nobody is interested in offering their opinion, then I'll try the broader approach of google.

RE: Chest waders - Sailor Joe - 03-17-2013 06:17 PM

I wasn't trying to insult you. The first 3 google returns are excellent articles. You asked for links to articles.

RE: Chest waders - John Pimentel - 03-17-2013 08:51 PM

Sorry Joe, I misunderstood.

Great links, they really helped. I think Im gonna go with Goretex with built in boots.

Thanks
John

RE: Chest waders - Sailor Joe - 03-17-2013 09:20 PM

(03-17-2013 08:51 PM)John Pimentel Wrote:  Sorry Joe, I misunderstood.

Great links, they really helped. I think Im gonna go with Goretex with built in boots.

Thanks
John

That's what I went with in the end. Nylon doesn't breathe but cost less. It may not matter if you don't use it much.

Rubber is better for muddy waters and is a little more hardy and cleans easier. But it's hot and does not breathe.

Neoprene is for winter only.

I went with the SIMMS Gortex line in the end. And bought boots. All at SAIL.

The Adams wader at LeBaron is also good. But that store is always out of stock so I had to cough up the dough for the SIMMS line. I wasn't too happy about having to pay up for the SIMMS line, but apparently because of the quality it should last longer. I hope anyway.

And the service at SAIL Etobicoke was very good.