You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Urban fishing locations with verified fish species
08-07-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 10:51 AM by Randy.)
Urban fishing locations with verified fish species
I was thinking we could create an updated version of this PDF http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/...163569.pdf
I could plot the locations on a google map which would be a lot more user friendly than the current map on the PDF. I would also be looking for fish species that have recently(within the last 5 years) been caught in urban ponds and how common they are in the waterbody. Someone could create a chart which would go hand in hand with the map. A main reason for me wanting to do this is because I find some of the fish species availability to be inaccurate. Instead of making the chart, I believe inputting the information onto markers on a google map would be more efficient, easier to use and to create. For example, when some clicks a marker, it would show which species are common, uncommon, rare and seasonal, the specific season could be inputted as well as any other information that could relevant to an angler wishing to fish a certain body of water. We would stick with only the main ponds/lakes though such as the ones on the PDF or ones with parks, the harder to reach locations which people have found through their own hard work can be left out.
Similar to this http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&ms...03c61cedc7 except it would have markers for each pond and information about the available fishing opportunities when clicked on.

Is anyone interested in doing this?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Urban fishing locations with verified fish species - Randy - 08-07-2013 10:57 PM