You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

First Post
04-11-2017, 05:41 PM
First Post
As I sit here on the floor of my new Montreal apartment with a nearly indescribable mess of fishing gear spread all around me, I figure that this would be as good a time as any to make my introductory post to this community. I’m trying to once again ‘organize’ myself for a trip back home for the quickly approaching Ontario Trout season.

I came across this community midway through last season while trying to find some information on some of Ontario’s lesser targeted species that I had yet to cross off my lifer list. With my first glance through the forums I did manage to find some useful threads to help point me in the right direction, but what immediately caught my eye was the Multi-Species Challenge. Considering myself a bit of a multi-species angler, I had full intentions on submitting some entries for this upcoming season; however, I have since relocated to Quebec and from what I gather this will disqualify most of my fishing efforts from admission … at least in 2017. I’ll still enter my Ontario catches for this year; though my time spent fishing my home waters will be quite limited.

I caught my first fish in 1993 (See Below …). I was just three years old. I spent the next thirteen years fishing occasionally and catching the same FIVE species over and over again and never got tired of it, I honestly thought that was all there was. All this changed when I was sixteen and was invited for a weekend on the Ottawa River at a friend’s cottage. I hooked my first Pike and Channel Catfish along with getting a glimpse of a Longnose Gar. I had no idea that these fish even existed, let alone right in my own backyard and I was absolutely blown away. I quickly developed a much more serious passion for fishing, catching my 100th species just last month on a trip to Florida and couldn’t have asked for a better landmark catch than my very first Tarpon (Also see below …).

Although I am now a ‘Quebecer’, I still feel I have a lot to learn from the fishing wisdom of this community and have a lot to share of my own past experiences in Ontario and my new experiences to come here in La Belle Province. The fish don’t know they’re French … same rules still apply.

I’ll make a post later this week with some of the lifers I hope to cross of this year as I explore the many new fishing opportunities that a fresh start has to offer. Of course, I am always looking for pointers.

Cheers,
Nick P

Not sure how these pictures will look ... new to this formatting.

Species #1

Species #100
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NickP27 for this post:
Epic (04-19-2017)

Messages In This Thread
First Post - NickP27 - 04-11-2017 05:41 PM
RE: First Post - OldTimer - 04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: First Post - zippyFX - 04-12-2017, 09:56 PM