You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turtle Farts
08-22-2017, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 04:06 PM by zippyFX.)
RE: Turtle Farts
Another sign is unusual minnow activity when using live bait. I had my minnow running around like crazy before I saw this guy.

A large snapper with a healed crack in the shell from a couple of years ago.
[Image: GJY0WQz.jpg]

I have noticed the bubbles too. I followed a bubble trail at dows lake for five minutes thinking it was a large foraging carp until I saw a large snapper go under the dock.

Interesting side note. I was doing a bit of reading a couple of years ago talking about Americas changing food tastes.... Someone doing some research collected some menus from fancy hotels in new york for around 1900-1920. The common theme? Turtle was on most of the menus. It appeared to be a common staple at the time.

An old consumption guide for snapping turtles:

Quote:"Snapping Turtles
Snapping turtles may contain high levels of contaminants in their fat, liver, eggs and, to a lesser extent, muscle. If you plan to consume snapping turtles, trim away the fat prior to cooking the meat or preparing soup. Also, avoid eating the liver and eggs of the turtle. Women of childbearing age and children under 15 should avoid eating any part of snapping turtles, including soups made with their meat."

Also snapping turtles have been added to list of special concern in Ontario.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Turtle Farts - OldTimer - 08-22-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: Turtle Farts - zippyFX - 08-22-2017 04:05 PM
RE: Turtle Farts - Skunkd - 08-24-2017, 07:51 AM