You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Isnt this always the way it goes
05-11-2013, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 02:00 PM by OldTimer.)
Isnt this always the way it goes
Opposites do attract.

Had’nt had my ultra light setup (It’s a tiny reel spooled with 4# test on a wisp of a rod) out this year so far - and I had a few hours to spare early this morning so off I went to the river.

Just worms on a small hook and a single split shot.

Caught a small Rock Bass, and an OOS Largemouth about 1.5#’s……….. And then tied into this:

Talk about maxing out a rod…………. But LOTTSA fun and a good way to practice up. Took a few quick pics and it was released unharmed – swam away quickly.

Great morning!

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Isnt this always the way it goes
Now THAT'S fun!!! Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
05-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Awesome, I went out yesterday as well and caught some nice panfish, but would have loved to hook into a carp!
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Playing something that large on a UL must have been fun.... At least you had better luck than MA!
05-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Nice carp. I can imagine the fight he must've put up, especially on such light gear.
07-26-2013, 12:07 AM
(05-12-2013 12:50 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  Playing something that large on a UL must have been fun.... At least you had better luck than MA!

Got that right... the only carp I've hooked this year, went swimming after it, then ran back into the same snag I free'd it from...

Congrats OT! IGFA should have an awesomeness ratio... something like fish weight/line weight or something Smile

[Image: logobgs.png]
07-26-2013, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 01:14 AM by FishingRush.)
I think I'm going to try that this year. It sounds like an awesome fight. The carp are all over the vailla and almond this year. Caught 7 and lost 5 so far this month.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

08-01-2013, 07:37 PM
(07-26-2013 01:07 AM)FishingRush Wrote:  I think I'm going to try that this year. It sounds like an awesome fight. The carp are all over the vailla and almond this year. Caught 7 and lost 5 so far this month.

Nice fish dude. Would love to see a report.

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-02-2013, 05:28 PM
patient oldtimer ....finessed the carp in did ya.....real tough with warm water to coax a fish that size in. smiles.

there are times especially in heavy current that I feel my heavy gear and line are too ultralight to tackle the carp at hand. times where you say to yourself just enjoy the moment ...whatever happens happens...be patient my friend.